Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Currently...

Due to my lack of time to write a post recently, I've decided that from now on I'm going to try to write a "currently" post. This will consist of what I am currently reading, writing, listening to, etc. Feel free to share your own as well in the comments below. =)

Currently Reading...

Incredible book so far by one of my favorite Christian YA authors. If you have an interest in Ireland, music, romance, and possibly vampires, then check out this book by clicking the link above. The genre, by the way, is YA contemporary Christian fiction. It is not a Christian version of Twilight. In fact, it has nothing to do with vampires. Well, maybe just a little bit... ;)

  • The Message Bible
I think the Message Bible actually does a pretty good job at presenting scripture in a more up-to-date perspective and language, but still is able to keep the original idea the same. This can sort of be compared to two preachers who are preaching on the same topic and saying the same sort of stuff, but one preacher preaches in more of modern way that will relate more and capture the attention of those who may otherwise have fallen asleep through the sermon of the other pastor. I don't use the MSG Bible as my main translation, but it is definitely one of my favorites to read, especially when I am confused about a certain passage.

Currently Wearing...


Boots. Many boots. And cardigans from Anthropology. =)

Currently Watching...

  • Courageous. Oh my goodness, you have got to go see this movie! It is definitely one of my new favorites. Very emotional, but also very humorous. I loved it.
  • This video on Youtube of a 29-year-old hearing for the very first time.
Currently Working On...


  • Editing Purple Moon
  • Making journals! I will hopefully post more about this soon.
Currently Listening To...

Currently Drinking...


Currently Visiting...

Thanksgiving, my birthday, winter break, Christmas... my favorite time of year =)


~~~
What is it that you're currently reading, listening to, watching, working on, etc.?

4 comments:

  1. Great post!

    -I just bought "There You'll Find Me". I look forward to reading it! And the Message Bible is amazing! I love it!
    -I can't wait to see "Courageous"! I've heard it's so good.
    -Happy early birthday! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good idea! I enjoyed learning what you're up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the early birthday with, Katie! Let me know what you think about There You'll Find Me when you read it, as well as Courageous. =)

    Sierra, I used to not really care for Taylor Swift either... or even country music for that matter! But both have grown on me over time, lol. I've heard so many good things about Melanie Dickerson's The Healer's Apprentice. Definitely on the top of my to-read list! Thanks for commenting =)

    Glad you liked it, Faye! I'll try to post one either once or twice a month. I'll still be posting Inspiration Monday's and writing tips as well as teen devos every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea! :) I saw the movie Courageous a week or so ago, and I agree, it was so good! I'm looking forward to Halloween and Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!