- How Important Are "Writing Rules"?
- Should Our Fiction Be Autobiographical?
- Journaling To Turn Memories Into Scenes
- Why Readers Close the Book Before Reaching the End
- People & Characters Weren't Meant To Fit Into Boxes
- Allowing Your Imagination to Run Wild
- How Passion Can Provide Determination to Reach Your Destination
- What to Do When Your Drain Gets Clogged & You Can't Stop Thinking of Ideas
- Journaling: Capturing Moments The “Write” Way
- Show vs. Tell Part 1: Allowing Your Readers To Experience Your Story
- Show vs. Tell Part 2: The Rude Playwright - Dialogue
- Show vs. Tell Part 3: When Telling Isn't The Bad Guy
- Refining your Manuscript & "Refinding" it's Magic
- The Difference Between Being "Too Preachy" & Staying Within Your Genre
- Stretching the Imagination
- Taking a Field Trip to Your Setting
- Introducing Supporting Characters 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Book Dissection
- Keeping it Real
- Finding Time, Creating Space
- Plotting the "Write" Way: Simple as PB & J
- What I Learned at My First Writing Conference
- How to Lose an Agent in a Day
- Have You Lost Your Writing Voice?
- Creating Heart-Grabbing Dialogue
- Converting Your Imagination into Words
- Painting Your Setting
- Are You a Writer or a Preacher?
- Reading Reviews Before Your Book is Published
- Weaving Songs into Scenes
- Write a Story, Not Words
- How Do You Plan?
- What's Your Purpose Behind Writing Christian Fiction?
- Take a Break from Your Creation & Spend Time with Your Creator
- When the Path to Publication Seems Never-Ending
- What's Keeping You From Pursuing Your Dreams?
- Can Christian Fiction Really Be "Life-Changing"?
- Bearing Fruit in Our Writing: John 15
- Keep Moving Forward
- The Significance of a Story
- Why Aren’t More Teens Reading YA Christian Fiction, & How Can Authors Change That?
- The Similarities Between Writing & Acting
- Author vs. Writing
- Staying Content, Whether or Not You Get Published
- Do You Write to Serve Yourself, or to Serve God?
- Endless Writing Journeys
- The Birth of Your Book
- Keeping the Passion Alive
- Facing Your Writing Giants
- The Gift of Words
- Preparing For Your Publication Journey
- Advantages of Starting a Writing Career at a Young Age: Guest post
- Homeschooling and it's Benefits for Young Writers: Guest post
- Tips For Teen Writers
- Teen Writer's Part 1: Why Wait?
- Teen Writer's Part 2: The Disadvantages
- Teen Writer's Part 3: The Advantages
- The Perks of Being a Teen Writer
I've also collected writing quotes, as well as writing-related questions to think about and discuss.
Books on the writing craft:
- A Novel Idea: Writing Inspirational Fiction
- Go Teen Writers: How to Turn Your First Draft Into a Published Book
- Novel Idea: Story Structure Tips for the Break-Out Novelist
- Revision & Self-Editing for Fiction Writers
- Plot & Structure
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers
- Writing the Breakout Novel
- The Art of War for Writers
- The Art & Craft of Writing Christian Fiction
- 112 Christian Authors and Publishing Professionals Share Their Best Advice for Novelists
- Getting into Character: Seven Secrets a Novelist Can Learn from Actors
- The Writer's Guide to Psychology
- Firsts in Fiction
- On Writing Well: Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
- Spiritual Quests: Art and Craft of Religious Writing
- The Elements of Style
- The Book on Writing
|Click here to pin!|
Writer resources for the aspiring or experienced writer ~ @tessaemilyhall http://bit.ly/GO7bFE Click here to tweet!
Writing tips, reflections, books, blogs, & more ~ @tessaemilyhall http://bit.ly/GO7bFE Click here to tweet!
(I'm at Writing While the Rice Boils today, discussing whether my age was a negative/positive factor in publication, & more)