Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Can Age Keep Us From Pursuing Our Dreams?

Pin This!


I'VE ALWAYS LOOKED YOUNG FOR MY AGE.

At twenty-three years old, I'm often mistaken for a teenager. A fifteen-year-old. Fortunately, this doesn't bother me as much as it used to, especially not in the way it did when I actually was a teen. But growing up, I often felt older, more mature, than my peers; perhaps it's because I'm the youngest in my family and the youngest of thirteen cousins.

I felt older, yet my appearance gave the false impression that I was younger. And because of that, I resented my youth. I wanted to be older. To be treated with more respect. 

Especially when it came to pursuing my passions.





2 comments:

  1. This was very inspirational and encouraging, Tessa! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Lilly! =)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!