Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Worshipping God through Our Creations

I first discovered my love to create when I was a toddler. Every time I was bored I would ask my mom, who was an art teacher, to lead me into a new craft. The stirring to create grew each time I completed a new project that consisted of finger-painting, play-dough, or even making a doll out of paper and stuffing it with napkins (my mom didn’t help me with that one ;)).

However, when I was three, my desire to make crafts transformed into a new desire to create stories when my mom suggested that I write a book. I began filling pages and pages with illustrations, dictating my stories to her.

That drive to create never faded. Throughout my childhood, a thrill rushed through me every time I sat down with a new set of blank pages and a pen, ready to watch a story come to life as I wrote.

I believe God has given each of us a creative spark, whether it is in writing, dancing, or even science and math. {Continue reading on Katy Kauffman's blog}
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Why? Why did this happen? It turns out in public school I will have to retake biology, the subject I slaved over just to get a good grade on! I am rather upset...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, Evan! However, keep in mind that God is going to bless you for your hard work--just try to keep a good attitude about it. God will reward you for doing the work for Him (see Colossians 3:23) and without grumbling or complaining (see Philippians 2:14). This hard work will pay off, I promise!

      I'm praying for you!

      Delete
  2. Great post, Tessa. Some things I definitely needed reminding of. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this, Tessa! It was such an encouragement and great reminder. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!