Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday's Minute Challenge: Writing Prompt Contest for Teens & Up



A quick writing challenge (and contest) to help get your creative juices flowing for the new week.


  1. The entry must be between 150 - 300 words. Otherwise, your entry will not be accepted. (In order to see how many words your entry is, write it in Microsoft Word, or you can copy and paste it here.)
  2. The deadline for the contest will be the following Friday. 
  3. You do not have to be a teen to enter the contest.
  4. The same person cannot win first place two weeks in a row. 
  5. If there is at least 5 entries, the panel of judges will select a 2nd and 1st place. If there is at least 10 entries, the judges will select a 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place. However, if there is under 5 entries, the panel of judges will only select one winner.
  6. If there are at least 10 entries, there will be a few Honorable Recognitions, which are the next highest winners. They will receive a badge, as well as 3 points.
  7. The winners will receive a badge for their blog, as well as extra points (see the point system below).
  8. The winner will be chosen based on the judges's preferences, as well as the following questions: Does this entry capture my attention immediately? Does it make me want to continue reading? Is the writing clear? They will also take into consideration the writer's voice and style--not necessarily technical issues, such as grammar, punctuation, etc. 
  9. If you have entered at least 3 contests and have yet to place, send me an email and I will be happy to give you a critique of your last entry, which will include tips and suggestions.
  10. This is only for fun and to stretch your writing muscles--not necessarily to be taken too seriously. =)


Prizes:

More prizes to come!
  • 30 points: You will be able to create your own prompt that will be used in Monday's Minute Challenge!
  • 40 points: You will receive a critique based on your current week's entry.
  • 50 points: You will receive a free blog critique and helpful suggestions.
  • 75 points: You will receive an 800 word critique on your novel, short story, article, etc.
  • 90 points: You can help judge one of the contests!
  • 100 points: You will receive a free ebook of PURPLE MOON. =)
  • 150 points: You will receive a personalized handmade notepad. 
Earning Points:
  • 5 points: If you post a review of Purple Moon on Amazon and/or Goodreads. (Let me know in the comments if you do!)
  • 5 points: If you join the Purple Moon Publicity Group on Facebook. (You will have the chance to participate in monthly giveaways!)
  • 3 points: If you post your entry on your blog, linking back to this post
  • 2 points: If you post a tweet about Monday's Minute Challenge, with hashtag #MondaysMinute (You may tweet more than once in a week, however the points will only count for one tweet.)
  • 2 points: If you follow this blog via Google Friend Connect. (Let me know in the comments if you do!)
  • 2 points: If you "like" my Facebook page. (Let me know in the comments if you do!)
  • 2 points: If you follow my Twitter account(Let me know in the comments if you do!)
  • 2 points: Become a "fan" of me on Goodreads. (Let me know in the comments if you do!)
  • 2 points: Follow me on Pinterest. (Let me know in the comments if you do!)
  • 2 points: If you respond to another person's entry. (Positive feedback only! You may respond more than once, however the points will only count for one response per week.)
  • 10 points: If you win 1st place in the writing prompt contest.
  • 7 points: If you win 2nd place in the writing prompt contest.
  • 5 points: If you win 3rd place in the writing prompt contest.
  • 3 points: You receive an Honorable Recognition. 
Points Tracker:
  • TW Wright: 23
  • Mary B: 14
  • Elisabeth: 19
  • Funto: 9
  • Benj. Evans: 10
  • S. Brightly: 34
  • Jacqueline: 33
  • Rebekah B: 10
  • Anna: 3
  • His Princess: 14
  • Tara T: 22
*Points are updated every Monday.

*When you request to use your points for a prize, the points you use will be taken away from your total. In other words, when you reach 30 points, you can claim the prize for 30 points--but it will cost you all of your points. Or you can continue to try and earn points so you can claim a bigger prize.

 


Keep in mind that you cannot win first place two weeks in a row.

If you have entered at least 3 contests and have yet to win, please send me an email and I will be happy to give you a critique of your last entry and offer suggestions.


The judge panel chooses these winners based on a point system (not to be confused with the point system mentioned above!) 

Since there were two entries that had the same amount of points for 1st place, we have decided that they both deserved to place. 


The entries that the judges thought was the most intriguing (based on rule #4) is ... 


Third place winner: 
I threw myself on my bed, sobbing for what I knew I could not get back. She was gone... forever. I couldn't ever get her back.
The memories came flooding into my mind, causing me to cry even harder: the time she convinced me to jump off the diving board for the first time... the days when we camped on the meadow in midsummer, with the lightning bugs flitting away from our grasp... the times we laughed and cried together...
If only she could cry with me now; right now when I need her most, she's gone. I only wish we hadn't had that argument. Why did I have to be so pushy and quarrelsome? Why didn't I help her when she needed it? Why?
I didn't deserve a friend like her. She was always an angel, while I was just a loud, clumsy, callous fool who recognized too late what truly matters.
I'm so tired of existing; my heart is broken and aching and my life doesn't seem to have any meaning left. I feel old, like I'm weary of life and ready to go home. It's like I'm an old glove that is so worn it's not fit for anything but the trash.
I rolled over onto my stomach and picked up the picture of us off of my bedside table. We were so little then. Gap-toothed grins and muddy clothes, hugging each other like we wouldn't ever let go. Why did she have to leave me here? I don't have anyone else to go to now.
I cried myself to sleep, exhausted and worn.
Congratulations, Elisabeth! Send me an email at christiswrite (at) gmail (dot) com so I can have your badge sent to you. =) 



Second place winner: 
I knew it wasn’t the truth as soon as he uttered the words. How he could possibly think to fool me, I had no idea. His stuttering, his pauses, his darting eyes – they were dead giveaways.
Besides, he would never do such a thing. I knew him well enough. He had a sharp conscience and a loving heart. For him to be guilty of … of … of … murder … it couldn’t be! It just couldn’t be.
The tough part was finding out why, why, he would accuse himself like that. I knew he hated himself but to make out that he was this bad? It didn’t make sense!
I shook myself and looked up at him, “Sorry … I was just … digesting what you said.”
“I’m sorry – really sorry – I – didn’t tell you before.”
“No problem!” I forced myself to stay calm though my heart was pounding furiously. “Look here, what do you mean by saying this?”
“What do I mean?”
“You hate yourself. Sure. But to go this far?”
“No. I love myself too much. That’s why I went that far.”
“What do you possibly hope to gain by this?”
He paused, “I hope … to gain the comfort of knowing I told you the truth.”
“You’re lying! You’re lying and I know it!” I sobbed.
Congratulations, Tara! Send me an email at christiswrite (at) gmail (dot) com so I can have your badge and ebook sent to you. =)


First place winner (#1): 

I knew it wasn't the truth as soon as he uttered the words. I crossed my arms and looked him in the eye. He quickly glanced down, his curly mop of hair covering his face.
“Let’s try this again.” I tapped my foot impatiently. “Do you like my daughter?”
He glanced up, then stared at his feet. “Yes sir,” he mumbled quietly.
I smirked. “Speak up, son.”
“Yes sir,” he said, more confident this time. He finally looked up and brushed that insufferable mess of hair out of his eyes.
“So what are you going to do about it?” I asked. It was going to be hilarious to watch him try to ask her on a date. He was shaking in his boots just talking to me.
He breathed in deep. “I’m going to tell her.” He nodded to himself and started to walk in the direction of the house.
I cleared my throat. “Aren’t you forgetting something?”
He stopped, obviously confused. After a moment, it dawned on him. “Do I have your permission to date your daughter?”
I waited for a long moment, watching him fidget nervously. I wonder how long he’ll be able to stand my silence.
Congratulations, Jacqueline! Send me an email at christiswrite (at) gmail (dot) com so I can have your badge sent to you. =)


First place winner (#2): 

Usually the warmth of my brother's arm around my shoulder brought me comfort in a way nothing else could. But not tonight. Tonight I felt colder than the fifty-degree air called for, and not even the brilliant stars shining above my head could bolster me. Tonight the darkness pressed in on me far more than the tiny pinpricks to Heaven.

I shivered, and felt him wrap his arm more tightly around me. "Cold?"

I shook my head. "No." I knew he'd forgotten to bring any blankets, and right now I would rather freeze to death than have him take me home.

Silence again filled the space between us as we kept our heads tilted toward the sky, searching out our favorite constellations. The stars were breathtaking tonight, more so than I'd ever seen them before. But that wasn't why I couldn't breathe.

He read my thoughts as adeptly as he always did, almost before I'd finished thinking them. We'd always had that connection.

"Hannah, don't look so down." He pushed me back so he could look into my eyes. "You're not losing me. You could never lose me."

I knew it was a lie as soon as he uttered the words. I dropped my gaze as the hollowness in my chest deepened. I'd heard all the empty explanations for weeks now, but nothing could disguise the truth from my eyes; I was about to lose my best friend, my brother, to a girl that had it much more together than me.

"Hannah..."

I leaned my head into his shoulder so he wouldn't see my tears. "Yes, I know." I made my voice light. "I'm not losing you; I'm gaining a sister."

But not even a sky full of stars could thaw the numbness that overcame me at the thought.
Congratulations, S. Brightly! Send me an email at christiswrite (at) gmail (dot) com so I can have your badge sent to you. =) 


Honorable Recognitions

*NEW* Since some of you may be considerably younger than the winners, I have decided to award the next highest winners with an Honorable Recognition. These winners will receive a badge, as well as 3 extra points. 
  1. AristotleGreekFreak
  2. Tawnie
  3. His Princess
Congratulations! Send me an email at christiswrite (at) gmail (dot) com so I can have your badge sent to you. =) 

Thanks so much to everyone who participated!




  • Submit your response in the comments below. 
  • Your response should range between 150 - 300 words. 
  • The deadline for the contest will be this Friday. 
  • Let me know which prompt you have chosen.
  • (Optional) If you submit your response on your blog and link back to this post, I will add your link to the list of participants at the end of this post.
  • If you'd rather not submit your post in the comments, you may email it to me instead.


CATEGORY ONE:

Please note that I have added two new rules this week:

1) Your response should range between 150 - 300 words, otherwise it will not be accepted. (Copy and paste your entry here to count the words, or you could write it on Microsoft Word.)
2) The deadline for the contest is this Friday.

Choose at least one:
  • Write a passage using these objects: photo album, tea, ring
  • Write a passage based on this picture
  • Write a passage using this dialogue: "There is nothing you could say that would make me change my mind."


CATEGORY TWO:

Pinterest Writing Challenge:

This category will have its own set of winner(s) -- but only if there are at least 3 participants. Keep in mind that you can participate in both categories. (If there are less than 3 participants, then your entry will compete in category one.)
  • Create a new board on Pinterest. Title it: Monday's Minute Challenge.
  • Pin the above Monday's Minute Challenge picture.
  • Then, pin 3 different things: 1) A picture of a setting (beach, mountains, school, etc.), 2) A quote or song lyrics, 3) A photograph of someone (or multiple people). Choose these at complete random.
  • Now, write a passage based on these 3 pictures.
  • When you submit your entry, be sure to give the link of your Pinterest board.
  • Good luck!
Current Judge Panel: 

  • Laura Anderson Kurk: YA Christian fiction author
  • Sarah Holman: Christian fiction author
  • Penny Tritt: Freelance writer 
  • Tessa Emily Hall (me): YA Christian fiction author


*NOTE

Are you hoping to become an author one day, but have no idea where to begin? If so, check out my new Writing Mentoring Program for Beginners! In this program, you will:
  • Receive critiques on your writing
  • Receive lessons especially designed to fit your writing needs
  • Have the opportunity to receive feedback on your current novel
  • Set reasonable goals for your writing
  • Be personally mentored step-by-step through your writing journey, for however long you wish! 
  • And more!
Beginning your writing journey can become a bit overwhelming and confusing. By enrolling in this Writing Mentoring Program for Beginners, I will break down the process for you and mentor you throughout the process.

And for a limited time only, a one-month subscription is only $15! Click here for details. =)

post signature

47 comments:

  1. I love all the entries! There was such diversity!

    "There is nothing you could say that would make me change my mind."
    I grab my brother’s arm as he walks away. “But Caleb it wasn’t your fault!”
    He whirls around abruptly, his eyes blazing with fury. I know it is not directed at me, but at himself. “Bull!” He throws down his small duffle bag. “It was my fault! Those men were after me! It was me they wanted to hurt!” His shoulders slump. “But they need me alive, so they knew the best way to hurt me was to hurt you.”
    I put my hand on his arm again. “Do you really think you leaving will stop them from coming after me?”
    He pushes off my hand. “Don’t talk like that. Micah will protect you.”
    “Stay here and you can protect me!”
    He throws his hands in the air. “Like I did last time?”
    “It…”
    He cuts me off. “Wasn’t my fault, I know. You keep saying that. But I could have stopped it. And now I will.”
    My mouth drops open as I realize what he plans to do. “You fool!” I snatch his heavy bag from the ground and unzip it. I pull out the holster and throw the bag onto the ground. “You were going to go after them!”
    “Am,” he corrects. “I am going after them.”
    “No! I won’t let you!”
    Caleb crosses his arms, “Mae, if you don’t give me the gun, I’ll just go meet them unarmed.”
    I hand him the gun and put my hand on my hip. He picks up his bag, puts the gun inside and zips it. As he once again turns and walks away, I stay by his side, in step.
    He stops. “What are you doing?”
    “If you are going, then I’m coming too.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job Jacqueline! I really like it!

      Delete
    2. One of my brothers name is Caleb. :-)
      You did a great job Jacqueline.

      Delete
    3. Oooh, love yours Jacqueline! Good job. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats winners! Good job everyone!

    HP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the 1st place #1. It's hilarious. :) And the rest were very well written too. Nice job all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the #1 was great. :)
      It definitely deserved to win, although How I'd ever manage if i was a judge. :)

      http://myheartfeltreflections.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  4. Ditto. :)

    http://rebekah.burroughstribe.com/2014/03/03/mondays-minute-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hi. So far have joined the facebook purple moon prmo page and written a review on purple moon would that leave me with 10 points?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh tessa i almost forgot.... On the cleanreads site it blocked me from a certian listed contact link and said a certain link on your site is mallicious better fix that prob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tessa, this is my entry, hope you like it!

    “There is nothing you could do to make me change my mind” I forcefully alleged. “But honestly, Jules, it’s fine. It doesn’t matter that you annihilated my entire room with paint balls and Calico Critters.” Isaac insisted. “Don’t call me Jules.” I shouted angrily grabbing and snapping my Calico Critters to pieces and hurling them in a pile in the fire pit.
    “Why are you so upset about it?” Isaac asked, confused by my outburst. “Where is the oil?” I yelled to avoid telling him the truth. "You left it in the tree.” “Well, which one?” I questioned impatiently. “The one you climb when you’re seething.” He answered pointing at the tallest tree in the woods. I groaned louder than I’ve ever groaned before. “Come on, I know you, and you wouldn’t try to sabotage my room, so you must be hiding someone.” Isaac told me with such force I just looked up and stared at him, amazed that he knew what happened, even after I tried so hard to keep him from finding out.
    “How did you know?” I asked once I finally found my voice. “It’s kind of easy since I’ve been living with you for all of your whole seven years.” Isaac smiled the certain smile of his that made me do one as well. “Let me guess that it was one of the girls at your slumber party a couple nights ago.” “Yeah, it was.” I could finally breathe as I got it out. “Will you forgive me for not telling you?” I asked guiltily looking down. “Of course I forgive you Julia, how could I not forgive my little sister?” he answered with his usual grin spreading across his face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Anna forgot to mention what prompt she was using. She's using 'There's nothing you could do to make me change my mind.' :)

      Delete
  8. Awww, the picture is so cute. :) Definitely going to use that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first one I've ever submitted. :)

    "There is nothing you could say that would make me change my mind." His voice rang over and over in my head. He didn't believe me. I gulped down a sob. He didn't believe me. Tears threatened to spill over.

    "Jake. You've got to listen to me. It wasn't my fault. I...I." He cut me off.
    "No. You need to listen Amy. You like Dan, that's fine. Just don't keep it behind my back next time." He started turning. "Of course there won't be a next time." He added. I grabbed his arm.
    "If you don't listen to me I'll... I'll."
    Jake quirked his eyebrow."You wouldn't do anything Amy. I know you."
    "Obviously not!" I shouted in his face. "You came too late and left too soon. Dan grabbed at me when I was walking by and kissed me. I pulled away, slapped him, and ran back to the group. I never liked Dan. You know it!" The tears fulfilled their threat and streamed down my face.
    "Wish I could believe ya, Friend." He used my nickname. "But I know what I saw." He turned and walked away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yours Brooke! Definitely something I would read. :)

      HP

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tessa, will you take a 310 word story?
    I've knocked out over 60 words and I don't think I can get rid of any more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone's entries were such great reads! It's hard to believe I actually won second place. It's nice to win but I feel embarrassed, just the same. Does anyone else feel that way, when it's only over the Internet?

    I'll only be taking part in one more before taking a long hiatus as I'm moving overseas but I'll be back. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, even though I only won 3rd place. :)

      Delete
    2. Me too, and the only thing I won was a honorable recognition for the week before lasts Monday minute!

      Delete
  13. Somehow, I can't log into my blog so I'll just post my entry here (using the prompt "There is nothing ...":

    "There is nothing you could say that would make me change my mind."

    "Oh, really?" Matthew grinned from ear to ear. "There are plenty of things I could say that would make you change your mind."

    "Not this time!"

    "Yes, this time."

    "I'm stronger now."

    "Then you need stronger persuasion. That shouldn't be hard for me."

    "You! What's up with you? Why do you want to change my mind?"

    "For the fun of it, of course."

    "Meanie!" He kept on smiling. "You want me to be fat, right?"

    He stopped smiling, "I've told you a million times. You're not fat! This dieting stuff is all nonsense."

    "That's not good enough to convince me."

    "I just want you to be healthy. I'm not trying to be mean or anything."

    "Then why didn't you say so at first?"

    "Because I have been and you just don't listen."

    "And that's because I know you're wrong. I mean, come on. Everyone else agrees I'm fat."

    "'Everyone' just means your little group of girl friends. Trust me."

    "No way. I trust you in other matters but in weight? No."

    "Don't you want to eat chocolate? You can't eat chocolate in this diet. You'll really miss it. Just think! No chocolate for months! And you normally eat it everyday. You'll have to pass up on half of your Christmas presents since people are always giving you chocolate."

    "That's true. No chocolate. Oh man, that'll be tough! You really think I should do it?"

    _________

    That's it. Hopefully the word count is enough.


    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is my entry a little later than normal but here all the same.
    http://mary.burroughstribe.com/2014/03/04/mondays-minutes-3/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's my late entry. :) Hope ya like it! :)

    http://myheartfeltreflections.blogspot.com/2014/03/mmc-3314.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is your best yet Elisabeth! I really like it. :)

      HP

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I think this is my favorite out of all the ones I've written. :)

      Delete
  16. I'm sorry this has taken me so long!!!!! =/ My internet has been out FOREVER (ok, only since Sunday afternoon... BUT COME ON, it's Thursday here!! THURSDAY)

    Anyway. My entry....
    http://indonesiaaroundme.blogspot.com/2014/03/mmc.html

    Everyone's done great!! I LOVED the 1st place's entry, good job S. Brightly and Jacqueline! =D

    TW Wright
    ravensandwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, here's my entry! I used the "There's nothing you could say that would make me change my mind" prompt. It's 225 words, according to the reliability of OpenOffice. :D

    "There is nothing you could say that would make me change my mind."
    Oh my pankernickles, I've done it again. Sent my sister down the wide and short instead of the long and narrow. Except this time, this decision might just permanently kill her reputation—along with her hair roots.
    Most Christians don't dye their hair five different colors.
    Actually, most regular people don't do that.
    But then, Jethrushka isn't really somebody you'd call regular.
    Gripping the armrests of this stinky hair salon chair, I watch as Jethy describes her supposedly brilliant concoction to the hair stylist, who's currently wearing a polite veil over a "say whaaaat" expression.
    I feel bad for that stylist. Surely not even a magician can manage to do that hair dye job and live to tell the tale.
    I feel bad for Jethrushka. I wonder how she'll feel when her reputation is in pieces. At least I'd get to say "I told you so!" That's always fun.
    But most of all, I feel bad for myself.
    I can just imagine walking around with Jethy in public. “Yup, she's my twin sister!” I can hear myself say with that typical I'm-the-sister-of-a-weirdo pride. “Yup, I know she's crazy! Yup, I know that she's probably just destroyed all chances of being a decent human being who lives on this good planet Earth! Yup!”
    Pankernickles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK so this isn't one of my best but I have been suffering all week with an illness known as acute writers block. Anyway I think its the best I'm going to do this week.
    :) Enjoy!

    I breathed in deeply of the flavorful steam coming off of the blackberry-current tea in my mug. Looking out the window I watched the rain come down hard beating a rhythm against the pane of glass and gathering in puddles in the yard. I wonder what is taking Lewis so long. Though, looking at the weather I wasn't really surprised. Slowly I turned my eyes back to the photo album in front of me. I flipped through the pictures of my family and smiled as fond memories washed over me. There was the picture of my brothers and I at the county fair; all smiling with our arms looped around each other. It was one of my favorites. I continued to look through the pages and pages of memories. I came across a picture of Lewis and I from a couple of months ago when we got engaged. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimmer of light from my engagement ring. I closed the photo album and lifted my hand so my ring could catch the light from the table lamp next to me. Wiggling my finger I watched the ruby sparkle. It was simple but lovely. Lewis knew me so well; he knew I would want something simple. I looked up at the sound of Lewis' truck pulling into the driveway. A smile came to my lips. I couldn't wait to see him!

    HP

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tessa, please take a 311-word story? I tried but can't cut out any more.
    This is based on the prompt, "There is nothing you could say that would make me change my mind."
    I decided to try a more lighthearted one this week, so it's definitely not my best work... just not good at the lighthearted ones, I guess. :( Still, for what it is, enjoy!


    "There is nothing you could say that would make me change my mind." I gave the most defiant look I could muster.
    But Leah knew me better than that. "Come on, Janna. For me?"
    "Nope."
    "Please?"
    "I am NOT going out there to make a fool of myself." I turned away. "Not happening."
    She stepped in front of me, eyes pleading. "If you don't distract them, I'm going to get caught. You need to buy me some time!"
    I stopped.
    She saw the opening and pounced. "You promised you would do anything to help me."
    "I did not promise to do 'anything'."
    She held out the guitar. Never in my life had I detested an instrument so much. I'd wish for my $40 back, but all that would accomplish would be my best friend pushing me out on stage with absolutely NO musical experience, rather than four lessons.
    Still, much as I hated it, I knew what this meant to her. If I stood in her way, I could never forgive myself. I sighed. "You know how you told me to tell you when you're about to make a big mistake?"
    "Yes."
    "You're about to make a big mistake."
    A smile crept over her lips as she realized she'd won. She closed my hand tightly over the guitar. "Owe you a sundae, friend."
    "You owe me more than that." My hand clamped around the neck of the guitar in a death grip. "I'm playing what, now?"
    "Don't know." She shrugged. "Something!"
    "Oh, thanks." Impulsively I reached out, hugging her tightly. "Be careful in there."
    She grinned. "You know me. Always careful. In and out in a flash."
    But as I watched her walk away, I couldn't help but get the feeling she was about to find more than she'd bargained for.... and we were about to get in a whole lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm using the one with tea, photo album, and ring. Hope you like it!

    "So what's this?" I asked my grandmother as I sat down for tea. It seemed to be like every year when I got to her house we sat down for tea, looked through her photo album, and talked about a piece of jewelry.
    "That is my ring that your grandfather proposed to me with."
    I reached for the photo album. I grabbed it and opened it. I saw a picture of her riding an elephant. "When did you do that?"
    "That was from my trip to Africa."
    "What did you do there?" I asked.
    "Well," she said, "that was one of my best vacations. I went with my family and another family."
    "What family?" I asked.
    "Well," she said, "with my husband's family. We rode the elephants right after we went looking for lions."
    "You went looking for lions?!"
    "Yes, I did."
    "I wish I could do that," I said.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm doing the tea, photo album, and ring one. Thanks!
    Jessica carefully flipped the page on the photo album that she shared with her best friend. The picture of them together instantly captured her attention. Though it was only a few years ago, so much had changed between her and Sammy. The picture was a reminder of it.
    “That’s a good picture of us,” Sammy said as his hand rested lightly on her shoulder. “It seems like that was a lifetime ago.”
    She lifted her hand to turn the page, but stopped herself. “I think this was the last one we did.”
    “Yeah, I think so,” he removed his hand to take a sip of his tea. “Well, I think I better go. I got a test tomorrow.”
    “Okay,” she nodded, getting up and taking her cup to the sink. “I’ll call you tomorrow.”
    When she turned, he was already walking to the front door. “That sounds good. Bye.”
    “Bye.” She wondered why he left so quickly while she put the cups in the dishwasher. Just as she was about to walk away, she looked at the photo album left on the table.
    It was open on a new page, one she didn’t recognize. In the center was a more recent picture of her and Sammy along with a note. “Jessica, I know you’re the one for me because I know I won’t make you happy all the time. But I know without a doubt that you’ll never let go of me. I will do the same for you. I promise you forever. By God’s grace, I’ll love you until the end.”
    Before she could react, she noticed a little box left on the table. She grabbed it and ran to her widow. Happy to his headlights still in her driveway, she ran outside to meet him.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your's and HP's are so cute, and sweet. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for all the nice comments! I know my username is 'Sarah and Ellie,' but this entry was posted by me, Sarah. I share a blog with my sister. Thanks again!
      In Christ,
      Sarah

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!