What is Monday's Minute Challenge?
Rules & Prizes:
- Only the writing prompt entries--not the journal prompts--will be entered into the contest.
- If there are over 5 entries, the panel of judges will select a 2nd and 1st place. However, if there is under 5 entries, the panel of judges will select only one winner.
- The 2nd place winner will receive a badge for their blog, and the 1st place winner will receive a badge, as well as a free ebook of my YA novel, PURPLE MOON.
- The winner will be chosen based on the judges's preferences, as well as the following questions: Does this entry capture my attention immediately? Does it make me want to continue reading? Is the writing clear? They will also take into consideration the writer's voice and style--not necessarily technical issues, such as grammar, punctuation, etc.
- The same person cannot win first place two weeks in a row.
- If the winner has already read PURPLE MOON, the ebook will be rewarded to the second place winner.
- This is only for fun and to stretch your writing muscles--not necessarily to be taken too seriously. =)
Last Week's Winner(s)...
Since there were only 3 entries for the writing prompt category, there will only be one winner (see the rules above). The entry that the judges thought was the most intriguing (based on rule #4) is ...
I could not believe who the new kid at school was. He slid his hood off and his familiar green eyes scanned the cafeteria. As he noticed me, his lips curled into a smirk. I couldn't believe this was happening. The boy that had stalked me all summer was here. The boy that I'd thought I'd finally gotten rid of.
My feet seemed to freeze in the cafeteria; I tried to break free, but I couldn't move. I frowned and averted my eyes from him. Pinching my lower arm, I hoped this was all a dream. But as the boy started walking toward me, my stomach churned and my vision turned black.
Congratulations, Jillian! Please leave your email address in the comments (or email me) and I will be sure to have your prizes sent to you ASAP. =)
How to Submit:
You can also post your challenge response on your blog, and then create your own challenge for your readers! However, make sure that you link back to this post and use the image above. If you are participating on your blog, be sure to submit your link in the comments and I will add it to the list of participants at the end of this post.
Today's Challenge Is...
Choose at least one:
- Write about this quote and what your interpretation of it is: “The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.” ~Author unknown
- Finish this: "I never thought I would find you here."