What is Monday's Minute Challenge?
Rules & Prizes:
- Only the writing prompt entries--not the journal prompts--will be entered into the contest.
- If there are over 5 entries, the panel of judges will select a 2nd and 1st place. However, if there is under 5 entries, the panel of judges will select only one winner.
- The 2nd place winner will receive a badge for their blog, and the 1st place winner will receive a badge, as well as a free ebook of my YA novel, PURPLE MOON.
- The winner will be chosen based on the judges's preferences, as well as the following questions: Does this entry capture my attention immediately? Does it make me want to continue reading? Is the writing clear? They will also take into consideration the writer's voice and style--not necessarily technical issues, such as grammar, punctuation, etc.
- The same person cannot win first place two weeks in a row.
- This is only for fun and to stretch your writing muscles--not necessarily to be taken too seriously. =)
Last Week's Winner(s)...
Since there were only 4 entries for the writing prompt category, there will only be one winner (see the rules above). The entry that the judges thought was the most intriguing (based on rule #4) is ...
I never imagined my new year would begin this way. Stranded.Hiking down a country road that's practically devoid of life other than a squirrel or two yelling at me from the comfort of their trees. Half way to my parents house my car broke an axle in a deep pot hole. So much for road workers.Dusk is closing in fast so I pick up my pace. Spending a night out in the middle of nowhere with who-knows-what peeking at me from the bushes is hardly my idea of a Happy New Year. I press on even though my feet are killing me. I find it weird that I can still feel my feet since I lost contact will all my digits at least a half an hour ago. Suddenly I stop.There was something in the bushes up ahead of me. My heart beat raced like a mouse in a room full of cats. Whatever it was moved out of the bushes and made its way toward me. I stood frozen not knowing what to do or even knowing if I could do it. A scream formed in my throat but could not escape past the lump in my throat.There was nowhere to run.
Congratulations, His Princess! Please leave your email address in the comments (or email me) and I will be sure to have your prizes sent to you ASAP. =)
How to Submit:
You can also post your challenge response on your blog, and then create your own challenge for your readers! However, make sure that you link back to this post and use the image above. If you are participating on your blog, be sure to submit your link in the comments and I will add it to the list of participants at the end of this post.
Today's Challenge Is...
Choose at least one:
- List five things on your bucket list for 2014 and why you hope to accomplish them.
- Finish this: I could not believe who the new kid at school was.
Are you participating on your blog? If so, make sure that you have linked to this blog, and included the above picture. Submit your post's link and I will be sure to add it to this list!