|Anderson Independent Mail - Photographer: Ken Ruinard|
So here you go--part 2 of my writing journey timeline, starting from where I left off last year. =)
- Started writing a teen column at Whole Magazine
- I worked on 3 rounds of edits with my editor. So much fun! (And I'm not being sarcastic haha)
- Assigned to be the editor over the faith department for Temperance Magazine
- Helped edit/revise a screenplay for God of Moses Entertainment (Rising Dreams, a Christian teen film. Currently funding.)
- Finished round 3 of edits with my editor
- Began writing for More To Be
- Finished writing my second book and began editing/rewriting
- Attended Write2Ignite conference, which is where I pitched my second book to my soon-to-be agent Sally =)
- Received the first PDF copy of Purple Moon!
- Attended Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference, where I pitched my second book to 2 other agents and was asked to send them my manuscript (I still hadn't sent it to Sally yet since I was in the process of revising).
- Received the "first draft" of the Purple Moon cover
- Sent the PDF copy of Purple Moon to my beta readers. Such an exciting/scary time for me!
- Sent off endorsement requests
- Received the final cover for Purple Moon! The cover designer, Ken Raney, did an excellent job with it. =)
- Received my first advanced reader copy of Purple Moon! =D
- Began planning and preparing for my blog tour. Sent blog tour requests to several different bloggers.
- Finally finished the final draft of Unwritten Melody! Sent the manuscript to the agents who had requested it (including Sally!)
- Started to really focus on promoting Purple Moon.
- Received the final print copies of Purple Moon (which had a soft cover rather than glossy)
- The Purple Moon blog tour launched
- Purple Moon finally released!
- Had an interview with my local newspaper reporter, as well as an on-camera interview by the photographer (click here to watch!)
- Launched Purplemoonseries.com and changed the layout/design of Tessaemilyhall.com
- My local newspaper released my story (I was on the front cover of the newspaper. Crazy!)
- After much prayer, I decided to sign with Sally Apokedak from Leslie H. Stobbe Literary Agency. =)
- Had my launch party at the Anderson County Museum (my first book signing!) Sold almost 70 copies.
- I revised the first three chapters of my second book using the suggestions that my agent recommended. (I will also begin the edits with her around the end of November.)
- Had my second book signing at the Christian school that I graduated from. =)
- Began writing my next book. =)
- The article that was published in my local newspaper was picked up by the Associated Press! So far I have found 22 cities that have covered my story this week.
Thanks to everyone who has followed me on my writing journey so far. And feel free to post your writing journey on your blog as well! Just make sure to link back to mine, if you don't mind. =)